May 11, 2013

5 Months, 4 Internships!

Since the beginning of December, I've been lucky enough to be able to do consecutive internships with several film composers, including Hans Zimmer and his team, Henry Jackman, Ramin Djawadi, and Heitor Pereira.  And I've seen several films and shows in the progress of being scored, such as "Man of Steel", "Lone Ranger", "Kick-Ass 2", "Game of Thrones", "Pacific Rim", "Captain Phillips, "G.I. Joe Retaliation", "Twelve Years a Slave", "Smurfs 2", and "Person of Interest", to name a few.  And I also was able to see scoring sessions at Warner Brothers, Sony, and Fox Studios!

Remote Control inspires me because all of the composers there collaborate and help each other out, and once in a while, give each other films.  It's really crazy to think I've gotten to meet some of the people I idolize in my profession.  And I've gotten to learn so much about how film scoring studios are run, what programs professionals use, preparing for scoring sessions, sampling, editing, and organization (which is very important).

Whether I was assisting or going on "runs", it felt amazing to feel that I was part of these films.  And I can't wait to see them and listen to the scores in the theaters!

Here's some pictures to pump you up!